Sunday, November 28, 2010

all about e-day baju (pt 3 : final)

Lesson that I've learnt is to not do tailoring LAST-MINUTE !!!!

I mentioned earlier that I bought my material in late September. My mom & I planned to send it to the tailor early October but our tailor was pretty laid-back. Everytime we informed her that we wanted to send those materials, "Got time. Send it one month before", she said.

A month prior to engagement, My mom instruct me to go to the tailor and get my measurements. We couldn't go together as she was tight up with some events & activities , and I won't be in KL on weekdays. Hence the lone-ranger to the tailor.

I went to see aunty Tailor, and she took my measurements. I told her the design my mom & I had decided with.

2 days later, when I was in Melaka, my mom brought the materials and went to meet Aunty Tailor. My mom described the design in detail and wanted a black lace. Aunty Tailor disagree with the black lace and recommended a similar color to the baju for the lace. ( pheewww,, THANK YOU AUNTY TAILOR !! =D)
.
.
.
My mom left the tailor shop, went to seek for the lace in KL.
.
.
Found.
.
.
Returned to Aunty Tailor's place.

Unfortunately, the lace had gold thread embedded in it. My mom thought Aunty tailor could remove them manually. BUT, she didn't want to do the work.

Hence, my mom , Ewanina, bibik & I removed the threads till it's clean.

Returned to Aunty tailor's place. Lace is SET !

2weeks before my engagement, I went for fitting (Before she place the beads).

BUT.... another problem appeared.

We went to buy the materials , remember? but we totally forgotten about the lining for the arms. We bought lining for the body but not the arms ! yikes~


My mom rushed to get the lining for the arms.
.
.
Mom returned to the Aunty Tailor's shop. All set.
.
.
.
.
ANOTHER PROBLEM APPEARED A WEEK BEFORE ENGAGEMENT :-ss gulppppppppppppppppppppppp..
!
!
!
!
!
!
GUESSS????
.
.
.
.
.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...



TAILOR FORGOTTEN THE EXACT COLORS OF THE PENDANT !!!! so she doesn't know which beads to choose .. OH-EMM-GEE..
.
.
My mom brought the pendant to the tailor's place. Chose the colored beads together with Aunty Tailor.
.
.
And started the beads work a week prior to engagement.



A WEEK OK???? How was I not 'cacing kepanasan' in MELAKA? mygoodness..
Girls, please. Note my word. NO LASTMINUTE BAJU !

We trusted her work. Hence, I tried my best to calm myself at 144 km away from home.

Alhamdulillah, she did not fail us.

tadaaaaaa..



I collected my Baju a day before my engagement day.

-end of Baju story-
and now, do you agree when I say, this baju holds a lot of story in it ? =)


p.s. : I missed this drama already ! AND is indeed anxious for the upcoming preps.

3 comments:

Dentist and Me said...

kerja keras betul mama

Unknown said...

a round of applause to aunty khaty!n u, of course...

Unknown said...

wow.thats the story indeed.no wonder i keep saying the baju is unique, gorgeous, cun yada yada yada..it has stories behind it..
best kan preparation? oh i miss themmmm...
now im preparing for delivering a baby..waaaaa it took more nerve than wed prep...seriously!
njoy ur wed prep dear:) make it once a lifetime to remember