Saturday, November 27, 2010

all about e-day baju (pt 1)

arghh..! I'm done with psychiatry posting. Hopefully, done for good ;) And.. end posting exam went well too, Alhamdulillah.

I got engaged on 20th November as mentioned in previous post. I was super duper tempted to complain and nag and bug in the blog about the preps , but I've got to be patient. Cause a single leak is no fun ! XD hehe!

This is...



yes.. my Engagement baju. well, partly..

Here's the full version..


close up..

and.. I don't think you get to see them clearly in those pictures. Still waiting for more pixies from mr.photog. Will update you with better photos soon.

That baju holds a lot of story. ABSOLUTELY SERIOUSLY A LOT.

I told my mom that I wanted a simple baju (SIMPLE?) .. but yehhhh, simple in the sense that I could wear it for other occasions in future e.g. weddings and events etc. A nice baju for my engagement and be able to wear it in future. Hence , the kurung-look-alike baju =p

What do you think of the color? NICE is it not?

*clears throat* eheeeemmmmmm


I chose the color ! thank you for complimenting ! So sweet of all of youuuu ! ;)

It's a coral pink color, in case any of you wonder.

I really really fell in love with this color long time. I told the wedding planner that I love this color and would want to use it for wedding. (ps: we pick wedding color 1st , to save the best color for the last. )

But according to her, coral pink is a difficult color. Difficult to attain. Thus, she adviced me to go coral for engagement since the props won't be much for engagement. Hence, I agreed. My mom agreed. And at current, I'm scratching head for the wedding color :P

fyi, I chose C06, but slightly darker tone. Coral has few tones and most of them looked orangy. But I specifically asked for a coral pink.

When you see that color, you may wonder whether is it pink, or is it orange? it's really nice to have that combo!YUMMEH ! ..




We hunt for the color, after risik (risik: was on the 8th of August) & after done discussing with our wed-planner. ( i called her wedding planner, coz engagement planner sounded not so nice don't u think?)

We went to one shop. my mom would pick a material and asked " is this the color " ?
"No, ma.. that's orange.."

" is it this color ? " ... " No, ma.. that's pink . "

I repeatedly show her the color on the internet. Bought a color printer just to print THAT color. And still, the same questions would be repeated when we entered subsequent shops.

We went to Singapore , on the 3rd day of Raya. My mom gave one brilliant-interesting idea to pick a ribbon with the color that I wanted !
We went to hunt for the ribbon. Found it.. Cut it .. Cut it half ; one for me, one for my mom.

phewww.. her brilliant idea relieved us from the misery.. Since then, the " is this the color " question did not arise as frequent as previous.

Ok, the frustrating part was, almost all shops in KL don't have that color. The color that I wanted.

Euromoda? Jakel? Nuh-uh.. ZILCH ! there was but it was satin. I wanted chiffon.

Late September, my mom and I went to Jakarta to browse around. I prayed, alot. I prayed for our journey would be eased by Him. and Alhamdulillah, it did.

I've found the exact color, exact material (better actually) with a very reasonable price in JAKARTA ! all the way from Jakarta DUDE my material. HELO-HELO, it's ALHAMDULILLAH ok? I alhamdulillah all the way when I found what I wanted. I was extremely happy. And I got one for Ijul too, but different material. Hence his color differs by few tones.

And , eventho I got the color that I wanted, the lining played tricks here. If I pick the same color of my choice for the lining, it wouldn't be coral pink. It would be more on the orangy tone. And the color that I wanted, would not striked-out. Hence, I picked pink for the lining. Mind u, it's not the striking pink. Slightly darker tone of pink, almost similar to rose-pink.
( pink is so awesome they've got bountiful tones !! )

This picture is the closest view to the color of the baju that I have at the moment.
Story about the Baju has not end yet. Will be continued..... =)

3 comments:

Aneesa said...

how much do we usually pay for a wedding planner yana?

Chocolate Lover's Soul said...

Aneesa : it depends on who u pick/choose to be your wedding planner. But majority at minimum is rm 2k . and i think for the dias (the one with stand, seats & decos) and canopies, they would charge seperately. you searching for one ?

Zatil Aqmar said...

yana, i lovee the second picture, it highlights your silhouette and baju a lot! and the baju is so lawa :)
congrats :))