Monday, December 20, 2010

.... is my alarm clock

Traditionally, before a girl marry her man, she would be encouraged to recite whole book of Al-Quran. After completing that, there will be a ceremony called Khatam Al-Quran few days before the solemnization ceremony.

Actually, unquote that..

All Muslims are encouraged to recite whole book before they end their life. Other religions might questioned - aren't you supposed to recite them daily ? --> Of course some would do during their free time but not the whole book at one go. And some prefer to recite only certain Surah ( Story ) regularly.

And Al-Quran has its own beauty and story where full concentration is needed to recite them. Al-Quran has 30 chapters (juzuk). One chapter consists of 20pages. To complete reciting one chapter might take approximately 1 hour half or 2hours.

So, since wedding is in 7 months ++ time, I had started reciting Al-Quran from the first chapter, in hope to Qatam for the 2nd time before the wedding day. I started it since fasting month in August this year. And since I am home only on weekends, my progress is a little slow mo. ! I prefer morning sessions because I want to go out freely in the afternoon.

FYI, I am very well known of my super "uncool" sleeping habit ! I SLEEP SOUNDLY , even an earthquake won't shake me up !

so.. here's what happened recently..

Usually when my mom is home, she would be my morning alarm clock. A very LOUD one. heeh !

However , she had gone to UK last week. Hence last weekend, she was not around to wake me up.
My mom, very genious she is, who knows her daughter very very very well, gave an advice to ustazah, to give me a wake up call before pushing off from her house.. haahah!

and the funny thing was, after waking me up on one of the days , she did not hung up after. and OBVIOUSLY, I could actually hear her from my end. She was telling her husband something like this..

" budak ni kena telepon. kalau tak dia tak bangun "

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but for all that matters, Thank You ustazah for the wake up calls and teaching. heheehe ;))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is lawak!hahhaah..smpi ur ustazah kena call u to wake u up..
ask ejul to call u la..