Monday, December 27, 2010

aku suka tomyam, tapi malam tadi.....

I am a Malay Malaysian and OBVIOUSLY my taste buds are for Malay food. My friends and I would usually prefer to go to Malay restaurant for Dinner on weekdays in Melacca.

Today on 27th December 2010, my friend & I went to this place in Melaka called R&K restaurant for their famous satay specially cooked with somekind of special method. I'm a big fat fan of satays FYI ! so YEAH, i'd agreed to go there for dinner .. for the satay.

The place is nice from outside. Clean, big, proper chairs and tables , unlike the normal warongs by the road side.

So we ordered SATAY. and yes, satay was great there.. I wouldn't give score of 10/10 but it was one of the best. Prolly 7/10.

And we ordered our dinner too ! I ordered tomyam daging. My friends ordered sotong masak merah , udang sambal and ayam masak pedas.

THE FOOD WAS HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my tomyam tasted like asam laksa magii with cili padi added into it. REALLY REALLY SOUR + REALLY REALLY SPICY .. really really tak sedap !
ok the spicy part I am emphasizing more because it really tasted just spicy ! you know when a spicy food is nice because they have other tastes as well? but this one is TOO SPICY and SOUR. omg ! I took a sipped, my stomach ache thousands !

Mind you, I usually can tolerate tomyams because they are my favourite dish ! even how bad the spicy is, I WILL TOLERATE BECAUSE THEY ARE TASTY. but if spicy and non palatable, I definitely can't tolerate..

I tasted my friends and they are almost the same ! the sambal udang tasted exactly like the SAMBAL PASTE from the bottle, that they pour into a cooking pan, and added udang in it.. taadaaa -- they called that sambal udang ! ! ! horrribbbleeeeee... it is spicy with a stinging sensation . eeeeeeeeeee !

and the ayam masak pedas, tasted hangus.

Eventhough it was horrible, I managed to finish my rice.

I'm really fustrated at how some Malays do their food business, especially those serving malay dishes.

Sometimes,they think they know how to cook laksa johor but they used ikan kembong when ikan parang supposed to be used. Masak merah cooked simply with tomato sauce mixed with chili sause. and sometimes, sweet & sour tasted the same as masak merah ! padprik & kicap also tasted the same. Prolly padprik has more chillies as compared to normal kicap. And as mentioned as the above..

They cheat in doing business and their price is unreasonable with the horrible food they served..


Eventhough I complained endlessly, I Alhamdulillah after meal, thanking Allah for blessing me with food. & I prayed, hopefully other days would not be as unlucky as today. And hopefully other Malays who served malay food , would do it sincerely and prepare the food well.

No comments: