Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scent

A scent registers in our memory area including the environment you were in , the people you were with and maybe the feeling you had at that time. Brain do wonders huh ;)

In my case, it is always true. For some reason I believe human registers better memory with something simple i.e pictures and scent.

Just recently, hubby and I had our weekend getaway at Tanjong Jara Resort, Terengganu and we used body cream sample from L'erbolario called Papavero after shower and it smells super nice. First time with papavero. While I was unpacking at home, I smelled Ijul's used pjs and it smelled papavero. First thing that came to mind was Tg Jara !!, great time we had there flashed back. Missed.

Sometimes, when u smell something familiar for example a person wearing a perfume which another person wears, you can catch it up pretty quickly.

Another scenario was when I went to my Uncle's doa selamat few months back.  Greeted and salam-ed him and he smelled like Kaabah. He wore perfume bought @ Mekkah which have a scent smell similar to kaabah.
Tears started to pool, memories flashed back to blissful and peaceful environment. Place that I greatly missed.

Have you heard that when you are leaving your small child for a while, cover him/her with your used clothes so that he/her won't have trouble sleeping at night?

I believe scent is a powerful tool and so I usually tried my best to wear only "my signature" perfume which I ought to find (love wearing different kind of perfume) but so far, I have been loyal to my body cream I bought from L'erbolario. You know, so that people will miss me or remember me even more HAHA.

Honestly, after trying L'erbolario, I don't feel like downgrading myself.

I have tried  bodyshop and now I just go there for their vitamin E and great body mists, Crabtree? - nothing great much. L'occitane?- more to scent but moisture ? NAY!

L'erbolario "Petali & Fiori" was awesomatic ! I loved it and most importantly, Ijul loved it too ! you should try L'erbolario ! I am planning to get papavero soon !

For room/home scent, very very important. Makes us feel at home , a comfort feeling.
I always trust "karma karmet" for their great scent in living area. Owns by Bambang Soteto , remember him from Hairkunst entry last year? Yes, the owner of hairkunst is also managing karma karmet .. They have a shop at Tropicana Mall. Nothing beats karma karmet. I have tried those 100-200RM range , none last longer and especially not in my memory space.

 I feel a scent is a great way to create memory and to flashback great memories.

Spread some nice scents !